MASTER OF ARTS IN EDUCATION
The Postgraduate Degree Program in Education has been designed to broaden the training and understanding of education in relation to the philosophy and concepts underlying international education (on-‐line/distance learning) and sharpen teachers’ skills in relation to the processes, cultures and classroom practices. It is a professional development course with a series of on-‐line modules covering core and contemporary topics in education. The modules are intended for teachers, administrators, librarians, or anyone interested in education — and there is no prior technical expertise required. The modules are designed for self-‐paced learning, so one can explore the training on their own time and review them as often as desired.
- Provide teacher education to those with or without a bachelor’s degree in education to enable them to become competent while continuously developing professionals as teachers and/or education administrators
- Inculcate the attitude and ability to evolve, through continuous self-‐study even while practicing the profession, as leaders in their chosen career
Completing this program are expected to achieve the following:
- Apply critical thinking skills in evaluating information to make informed, ethical decisions.
- Design innovative curriculum and teaching/learning methodologies appropriate for the environment in which they practice.
- Utilize appropriate technologies to enhance student learning.
- Articulate ideas and positions in appropriate ways to reach the intended audience.
The program consists of 3 credit courses. Students will need to complete all the Graduate Core courses. They can choose electives in the area of their choice. They will need to complete a minimum of 36 credits. The following is the course break up.
All courses follow a 15-week delivery model where course objectives and outcomes for each week are thoroughly outlined and presented to students. Each course consists of the following elements:
- Multimedia Presentations
- Interactive Sessions with Faculty online
- Assignments including tasks, projects and activities that are graded manually by the professors
- Continuous Assessments (pop quizzes, mid-term tests, etc.)
- Final Exam
There will be a significant emphasis on the outcomes for each week. Assignments are focused on assessing the students’ capability of applying the knowledge gained and demonstrating their skills and abilities in specific areas
The capstone project/Research based project/thesis is the culminating experience of the student’s education program and provides students with the opportunity to apply and integrate their knowledge and skills gained. Students will take the responsibility to organize, plan and carry-out the various tasks required for successful completion of the project.
They are required to analyze and review student performance data and explore the impact of the various teaching and learning strategies on student achievement. The research project culminates with participants synthesizing the findings of their research in a written form such as thesis or project report.
Requirements for Capstone project:
- Identify the faculty advisor.
- Identify an appropriate title or problem statement.
- Submit the project proposal describing the project.
- Upon completion of the project submit the report.
- Online presentations of the capstone project through zoom to the faculty.
On completion of this subject, participants should be able to:
- Carry out a substantial research-based project
- Demonstrate capacity to improve student achievement, engagement and retention
- Demonstrate capacity to lead and manage change through collaboration with others
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ethical issues associated with practitioner research
- Analyze data and synthesize research findings
- Report research findings in written and verbal forms
- Use research findings to advance education theory and practice.
An internship is a requirement to share their experience that will aid them in their long-term professional development. It is a form of experimental learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with the practical application and skills development in a professional setting. The student gains valuable work experience and gratify requirements for a qualification.
Here are the requirements for Internship:
- The students should select the organization related to their career goal.
- Identify the Internship field supervisor.
- Identify a faculty.
- They should maintain an attendance record.
- Should submit a weekly report to their supervisor and faculty
- Student should get feedback from the faculty.
- Students should get feedback from the employer.
- Online presentations of the Internship through zoom to the faculty
On successful completion of the Internship, students will be able to
- Understand how the theory they learned in a classroom setting is applied in the real world.
- Learn to appreciate work and its function in the economy.
- Develop punctuality, work habits and attitudes necessary for a successful career.
- Develop interpersonal and other critical skills in the job interview process. Learn to work as a team.
- Build a record of work experience.
Mr.Ganesh kumar, India, Master of Arts in Education, 25 Aug 2019
Mr. Muruganandam, India, Master of Arts in Education, 19 Aug 2019
Ms. Anuja sharma, India, Master of Arts in Education, 23 Aug 2019