- Satisfactory completion of 36 credit hours in the chosen field of study.
- The capstone project submitted by the student as part of the graduate program has to be approved by our university faculty committee for an award of Master’s degree.
- A 10 weeks supervised internship must be completed and an internship report should be submitted which is evaluated by faculty. This internship can be taken by the students where they are located and according to their travel convenience.
- Minimum 70% of the credits towards the degree must be taken from UPAS.
- Cumulative GPA must be 3.0 or higher.
- All graduate students are expected to complete the degree program within 3 years from the date of enrollment after which a request must be made to the admission department in the university asking for an extension. Continuous request for extension will not be encouraged and the student will be dropped from the program and won’t be eligible for a degree.
Language Proficiency Requirement
- This institution does not offer instruction in English as a second language. Nor do we provide English language services. All classes are conducted only in the English language. To prove students are able to communicate fluently in English, if there is any doubt, this institution accepts a successful TOEFL test result and/or the U.S. Foreign Service Language Rating System.
- Students who have had English as a second language need to demonstrate English proficiency by submitting TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) . A minimum total score of 60 on the paper-delivered Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), or 71 on the Internet Based Test (iBT); Visit www.toefl.org for more information on the TOEFL.
- Applicants holding a baccalaureate or advanced degree from an accredited college or university in the U.S are exempt from the TOEFL requirement.
- As per DEAC English language proficiency assessment requirement is A minimum score of 65 on the paper-delivered Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), or 80 on the Internet Based Test (iBT). 6.5 on the International English Language Test (IELTS); 58 on the Pearson Test of English Academic Score Report; 105 on the Duolingo English Test; or 55 on the 4-skill Michigan English Test (MET), or 650/LP on the Michigan Examination for the Certificate of Competency in English (ECCE), or 650/LP on the Michigan Examination for the Certificate of Proficiency in English (ECPE).
Foreign Transcript Evaluation
University accepts transcripts only in English. If the potential student interested in our programs have to process the same with our institution approved agencies to submit translated transcripts.
Academic & Professional International Evaluations, Inc. (APIE)
P.O. Box 5787 Los Alamitos, CA 90721-5787
Telephone: (562) 594-6498
Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute (ACEI)
P.O. Box 6908 Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Toll Free: (800) 234-1597 (USA Only) or (310) 275-3530
Fax: (310) 275-3528
Student Technology Requirements
When you are planning to enroll in distance education courses, it is important to consider the technology needed to have a smooth and successful experience. We recommend that you meet the technical requirements listed below when using the learning management system (LMS).
Note: For additional required hardware or software requirements for your course(s), contact your instructor or refer to the course syllabus for additional information on their requirements
We expect our students to be familiar with the use of computers, Internet, and e-mail. You should be able to follow basic instructions to configure the program and course work. In order to enroll in UPAS online program, you are expected to have the following minimum requirements fulfilled:
Basic Technical knowledge and skills:
- Getting online
- Downloading, saving, opening, and printing material found online
- Conducting Internet searches
- Composing e-mail/course messages and attaching documents. (Blackboard Student Help Link: Course Messages)
- Writing and editing with a word processor, such as Notepad, MS Word, etc.
- Take online examinations.
- Learning new computer skills.
- Desktop/Laptop with i3 Intel processor or equivalent (less than 4 years old)
- Color monitor with 1024 x 768 resolution
- Minimum 200 GB free Hard Disk Space
- Minimum 4 GB RAM
- High-speed broadband (25 Mb/s or higher) connection
- Audio speakers/headphone and microphone for listening to audio or videos presented in courses
- Webcam with microphone for interacting in course activities that require video feedback from students (such as Voice Thread).
- Windows 10 or later, Mac OS 10.13 or higher
- Chrome latest version
- Microsoft Office 2015 (includes Word, Excel and PowerPoint) or higher version
- Adobe Acrobat Reader latest version
- Have a personal email account.
NOTICE CONCERNING TRANSFERABILITY of CREDITS and CREDENTIALS EARNED at this INSTITUTION:
The transferability of the credits you earn at University of Pasadena is at the complete discretion of an institution to which you may seek to transfer. Acceptance of the Degree you earn in the Master of Arts in Education at University of Pasadena is also at the complete discretion of the institution to which you may seek to transfer. If the Degree that you earn at this institution to which you seek to transfer is not accepted at the institution to which you seek to transfer, you may be required to repeat some or all of your coursework at that institution. For this reason you should make certain that your attendance at this institution will meet your educational goals. This may include contacting an institution to which you may seek to transfer after attending University of Pasadena (UPAS) to determine if your degree will transfer.
Experiential Credit is not given nor evaluated at this institution.
In order for UPAS to determine whether your course credits can be transferred or not, please mail all your relevant transcripts to the admissions office at UPAS. Acceptance of credits will be based on the approval from our Chief Academic Officer (CAO) or satisfactory performance in our challenge examinations for the respective course.
We allow students to transfer up to 10 credits for masters programs, upon approval based on criteria specified above.
Distance Education – Disclosures
This institution’s education offerings are distance learning (on-line learning) only. Students will receive all materials and information regarding their on-line class one week prior to the start of class, and one week after all enrollment and registration matters have been completed.
Notice Concerning Employment
The Postgraduate Degree Program in Education at University of Pasadena has been designed to broaden the training and understanding of education in relation to the philosophy and concepts underlying international education (online/distance learning) and sharpen teachers’ skills in relation to the processes and classroom practices. The program is intended for teachers, administrators, librarians, or anyone interested in education and there is no prior technical expertise required. However, additional credential requirements may exist depending on the state/country of employment as follows:
For students looking for employment in the state of California, USA:
If the graduating student is looking for employment in the State of California as an educator, additional credentials issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing might be required.
A Preliminary or Level I Credential is a teaching or service credential that is valid for five years. Preliminary/Level I credential require the holder to complete additional specific requirements based on the preparation pathway and documentation submitted with the initial application for certification. Additional academic requirements must be completed to qualify for and upgrade to the Clear or Level II credential.
“Clear” or “Level II” credential signifies that all education and program requirements for the credential have been met. A clear credential is issued when all credential requirements have been completed. If requirements for the clear credential are not completed before the expiration of the preliminary credential, the holder will be unable to teach in California’s public schools with that credential until those requirements are met and the document is renewed.
In addition, additional Single Subject Teaching Credentials and/or Multiple Subject Teaching Credentials will be required.
Please visit www.ctc.ca.gov for more details.
For students looking for employment in India:
No additional certifications are required for employment within India. Employment in India would require practicum hours which are already obtained by taking the internship course which is required to complete the degree program.