This course outlines all the processes that are involved in a software development life cycle and various models that are being followed in the industry. It also helps students understand the key aspects of project management and how to manage a project effectively. Key topics such as SDLC, requirements gathering, design, development, implementation, quality assurance processes and how to manage software projects are covered in the course. Additionally students will learn about current tools and technologies, latest trends related to the above.
Student Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of the course, students will be able to
- Understand customer needs and capture their requirements to be able to build a software application
- Deliver a reliable software application with the help of a team of technical resources and implement it successfully
- Recommend or choose an appropriate SDLC model based on organizational needs
- Manage a full software project from requirements gathering to implementation with very little help or guidance
- Demonstrate necessary knowledge and skills that are required to start their own software firm and execute projects successfully