This course outlines the roles and responsibilities of the members of Human Resource Department including the role of HR Professional as a strategic partner in managing today’s global organizations and workforce. Key topics such as recruitment and retention, training and development, performance appraisal and growth, compensation, employee rights and security and implications of legal aspects in global environment will be discussed. Additionally, students will learn about evolution of HRM in the current scenario, importance of diversity, sexual harassment policies, managing rising benefits cost and expose them to various tools, processes and systems.
Student Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of the course, students will be able to
- Create a management structure for an organization, create job descriptions and use the available resources to identify candidates
- Identify training needs for a particular department and create a training plan for the employees
- Conduct objective based performance appraisal and rate employees appropriately
- Create a compensation model that is appropriate for an organization taking into effect the market conditions, benefits and mandatory requirements
- Identify an appropriate information management system for record keeping and automation of HRM functions