With an ever-increasing reliance on virtual methods of communication, particularly email, the ability to articulate ones thoughts in written forms is as crucial as ones ability to communicate orally. This course is designed to give students a comprehensive view of communication along with its scope and importance in business. The role of communication in establishing favorable relationships both within and outside the organization is emphasized. The various types of business communication media are covered. This course also develops an awareness of the importance of succinct written expressions in modern business communication.
Student Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of the course, students will be able to
- Demonstrate competence in receptive communication and the ability to comprehend written material that uses business jargon and terminology.
- Deliver oral presentations that are courteous and correct
- Produce written communications that are clear and concise using recognized business formats
- Show the ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
- Present data coherently and effectively in business settings bringing together information in a well-organized manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to receive ideas and draw logical conclusions.
- Compose routine letters, memos, email messages, goodwill messages, negative messages, persuasive messages, application letters, and various types of business reports.
- Conduct meetings and conferences, record proceedings and minutes and communicate the same to participants